Electrical Engineering interview question and answers:Job interview or viva Topics for Electronics and Electrical Engineers (Part-2).
In this topic we discuss about Load Curve,Demand Factor and Load Factor.
4. Load Curve:
5. Importance of Load Curve:
- The Daily Load Curve gives the information of load on the power station during different running hours of the day.
- The number of unit’s generation per day is found from the area under the daily Load Curve.
- Average load is found from the Load Curve.
- The maximum demand of the station on that day is found from the highest point of the daily Load Curve.
- The size and the number of generating units can be determined from the load curve.
- This Load Curve helps to determine the operation schedule of the station. In that case when all the units or the less units needs to running is found.
6. Demand Factor:The ratio of maximum demand and connected load on the power station is called as demand factor.
- In the power station Maximum demand < Connected Load.
- Demand Factor < 1
- Demand Factor is very important in determining the capacity of the plant equipment.
7. Load Factor:The ratio of Average load and the Maximum demand in a given period of time in a power plant is known as load factor.
- In a power plant Average load < Maximum demand
- Load factor<1.